Logo/Banner

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Logo/Banner

Post by Admin on Thu May 21, 2009 4:39 pm

Hey guys,

As a company, we need a logo to represent us. So I was wondering, what are your thoughts on what should be included in our logo, or what it should look like.

cheers,
Felix

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://insigniya.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Logo/Banner

Post by Jin on Fri May 22, 2009 10:12 am

i was thinking maybe we can do a coat of arms sorta thing as it looks professional but it might be too hard to make.

just an idea

jin

Jin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Fri May 22, 2009 2:41 pm

A coat of arms would be cool. The design might be a little difficult, but the actual photoshopping of it and stuff isn't hard. Grab a graphics tablet and play around with settings.

Maybe Steph can try and design it? I've seen her little sketches in meetings, and they're really good.

Jess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jin on Fri May 22, 2009 2:47 pm

ive done some researching on coat of arms and all.

we can probably divide the shield (the mian center piece) into four sections to represent sometihing about us as a group.

we can use pillars as the supporters or something (the 2 things at the side).

ill be happy to work with steph on the design on it if everyone is happy with the coat of arms.

now that i think of it the logo might be too formal. but if we could make it look like the school of rock one itll look cool.

Jin

Jin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akio on Fri May 22, 2009 4:27 pm

"Grab a graphics tablet and play around with settings" yes I have one just lying around the house...
But seriously, does anyone have one? Probably easier to do one without a tablet though.

Akio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 23, 2009 1:20 am

Coat of arms is a good idea but try keep it simple I think so it's easier to design, unless someone here is wicked sick at graphic design. We're better to have something simple, but effective than something large and insignificant.

Felix

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Sat May 23, 2009 9:07 am

I have a tablet. I just don't have the actual pen. It costs $30 to replace >_>

But the logo doesn't have to be really fancy, it just has to look nice.

Jess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ltsang on Sat May 23, 2009 11:30 am

i can give a hand on creating the logo on photoshop using mouse and keyboard, if you have the draft design. flower. Tablet too expensive for me in my uni time. Wink
ltsang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eskaf on Sun May 24, 2009 5:23 am

wait guys
our product is a wallet. why do we want a coat of arms?
we want something that represents us, and our product. so wouldnt we want something a bit more 'hip'
ive seen (was it steph?) drawings during the meeting. and something 'groovy' and 'cool' would represent us better as a company than a coat of arms would

come on we are teens.

eskaf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 24, 2009 8:13 am

I agree with eskaf, I was gonna say that but I didn't want to seem too harsh.

I think we should have one with some basic colours that would might see in a leather wallet, maybe brown, black. And since we're making wallets, maybe when we start making wallets, we should also have cards with our logo to put inside, similar to what the larger companies do.

Felix

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juno on Sun May 24, 2009 2:14 pm

I was thinking why don't we get in contact with some charity, something like breast cancer foundation or make poverty history, world vision, then we ask them if we can use their logos on our wallets. Or we can have a variety of wallets with something like "SUPPORT BREAST CANCER" on them. And we could have different charities and people can choose which one to buy. The options there are the better.

I think that will be cool because, you know, its cool to support charities these days and it shows the humane side of people.

The only problem is trying to persuade charities to let us use their logos, besides a small portion of the company's profit can go to the charity.

Here's what I did in 30 seconds, putting 2 pictures together. it will be something like this but the logo on the out side.

Damn, how do you up load pictures???

Junou

Juno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akio on Sun May 24, 2009 3:19 pm

It is compulsory to donate a portion of the profits to a charity (maximum of 10%). We can probably arrange to use their logo (on the packaging would be best). We can decide which charity we want to support as a group.

Akio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Do you mean like having our logo, but with their name below it saying that we support them??? or do you mean we use their logos to make us seem ethical?

Please elaborate

Felix

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ltsang on Mon May 25, 2009 4:46 am

Juno wrote:I was thinking why don't we get in contact with some charity, something like breast cancer foundation or make poverty history, world vision, then we ask them if we can use their logos on our wallets. Or we can have a variety of wallets with something like "SUPPORT BREAST CANCER" on them. And we could have different charities and people can choose which one to buy. The options there are the better.

I think that will be cool because, you know, its cool to support charities these days and it shows the humane side of people.

The only problem is trying to persuade charities to let us use their logos, besides a small portion of the company's profit can go to the charity.

Here's what I did in 30 seconds, putting 2 pictures together. it will be something like this but the logo on the out side.

Damn, how do you up load pictures???

Junou

Hi, check this Charity out and see if you want to consider this as one of your options <http://www.smilefoundation.com.au/>.

Reason to suggest this one is because the CEO of the charity is my classmate and hopefully she will make our life a bit easier. No guarantee at the moment until I have to have a good chat with her. Very Happy
ltsang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph from the K.A.G on Mon May 25, 2009 10:38 am

Does it have to be a coat of arms? If you don't do it well, it'll end up tacky looking, but that's if you don't do it well.
we should also have cards with our logo to put inside, similar to what the larger companies do.
We could have an imprint of our logo into the leather? I'm not sure how must that costs but I'm sure if we pull of the coat of arms it would look pretty cool.
It's makes things difficult because we have to incorporate so many things into one logo but 'if' it was just a logo for our company name, I think something shiny and simple would do well.
I like brains. because they're quirky and clever looking, but it's not a viable idea is it?

If this image doesn't load then the last sentence will have not made any sense.
Steph from the K.A.G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 25, 2009 10:48 am

ltsang wrote:No guarantee at the moment until I have to have a good chat with her. Very Happy

Get in there Lu, *nudge nudge*. hehe

I like brains. because they're quirky and clever looking, but it's not a viable idea is it?

Any idea can be viable, but I think we should keep it more simple, just my opinion.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jin on Mon May 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Yea i agree with Steph. If we can't pull off the coat of arms it might look bad.

But the coat of arms can be simple, just slap a logo on the centerpiece and etc.

i know that sounded pretty vague but we can discuss it on tues.

good picture by the way

Jin

Jin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmaine on Tue May 26, 2009 2:36 pm

finally saw your design steph!! cool!!
i like it simple, the "I" for Insigniya, rather than the too-many-stuff-too-many-information coat of arms
but could you take away the brain please, it's so academic, that "side smiley face" would be better
i have photoshop, a tablet plus the PEN...need any help??
Sharmaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess on Tue May 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Was that a stab at me Charmaine? (I'm kidding)

This is an idea for the charity: We could put a small imprinted stamp of some kind inside the wallet, so it isn't really outside for display... unless we've scrapped the entire idea of printing the charity logo all together...

Jess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmaine on Tue May 26, 2009 2:47 pm

about the charity thing...why don't we print the charity name on the elastic band?? that will be cool and catchy...plus a small logo of the charity in the inside
Sharmaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jin on Tue May 26, 2009 2:50 pm

i think the charity logo on the band is a good idea.

maybe we should put some slogan of our charity on the rubber band and include a little logo of it at the bottom corner of the wallet or something.

As Felix (admin) said, we could slot in a 'business card' with our logo in the wallet when we sell it.

Jin

Jin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akio on Tue May 26, 2009 3:09 pm

As party of the YAA program we support a charity anyway, which charity is up to us. We could when marketing our product (e.g. A portion of the profits will be going to _______ ). I think the logo on the packaging and a business card inside the wallet is fine. As much as someone supports a charity, most people will not want it plastered all over their wallet.

Akio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmaine on Tue May 26, 2009 3:16 pm

agree
keep the logo small and at a corner
use white letters black elastic bands, for contrast
more about the charity/our company can be printed on the package/business card
Sharmaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharmaine on Wed May 27, 2009 11:25 am

erm...logo+company name...
does the "y" not look like a "y"??
could be coloured...

hey how come the "a" is cut!!
you have the right-click "view image" to see the full image...
Sharmaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ltsang on Wed May 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Hey, i like the brain.

I agree that although coats of arms looks elegant, making one is too time consuming. If u dun mind, I will take your "brain" and expand the idea a bit....and if I have time, I will make a CoA as a backup. Laughing
ltsang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next