INSIGNIYA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wallet Ideas

5 posters

Go down

Wallet Ideas Empty Wallet Ideas

Post by Akio Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 am

Hey guys, as we need to send our product idea to YAA soon, we need to start thinking of ways of getting it accepted. As a 'magic wallet' itself...I don't think it fits the criteria. The best way of doing this would be to add something or change it somehow so that it fits into the 'Innovative' category. So start thinking of ways to 'innovate' the magic wallet concept.

Also we need a logo. I was thinking some form of a text logo, anyone else have any ideas or sketches?

Akio

Back to top Go down

Wallet Ideas Empty Re: Wallet Ideas

Post by Jin Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Since our wallet thing is gonna be a secondary wallet that people carry around for casual use, I was thinking maybe we can include a zip pocket thing on the outside of the wallet for coins. yes, i know it''s too small for coins but its a secondary wallet.

i was also thinking maybe we can include a mirror for the ladies, or include a magnet somewhere ( i like magnets)

like junou or steph previously mentioned, we can write some slogan of our sponsor or something on the rubber bands in the wallet.

Or maybe we can have the same idea, except have one part of the wallet as an ipod holder, so it doubles as a tiny wallet and an ipod thing. (havent really thought this through, it just popped into my head just then)

Jin

Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex R Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:29 am

yeah i was also thinking of having like it double as a ipod/phone cover like jin.
not really in favour of having two versions, one for boys and girls. It will make it more expensive and take longer to design two seperate versions.

also shouldn't this be in the idea's section tongue

alex =]
Alex R
Alex R

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph from the K.A.G Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Yeah, should be in ideas section =3=, Uh, I also don't really like the vinyl girl wallet idea, it's a very limited market and I don't think we have the expertise or funds to buy something so fancy. I don't like add ons so much, (not sure if it will affect the funtioning of the wallet?)

and you know I don't think we should have a coin pocket, I actually think that having a pocket for your coins is less conveinient that just putting coins in your pocket >_> I mean, you should never have so many coins on you that they can't fit in your pocket.. and its harder to see what type of coins you have when they're in a zipped pocket, scratches my fingers too. If you're in a rush, you're more likely to just break your notes because it's too hard to sort through coins.

I think the idea is innovative, though unoriginal >_> lot's of things are innovative, but very few are entirely original. if we do partner with a charity does that count as communal?
Steph from the K.A.G
Steph from the K.A.G

Back to top Go down

Post by Akio Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:25 pm

I don't think we should exactly 'partner' with a charity so that we have their logo on our product but come to some form of arrangement where we agree to donate a portion of our profits (one of the requirements of YAA anyway) and use their logo on packaging and advertisements.

I think we should use vinyl or fake leather as the outside material anyway. Real leather is too expensive.

Akio

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph from the K.A.G Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:33 pm

yeah >_< like we say we support a charity, but we donate a fixed amout, they mention something in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwcCECPvlts, skip to 8.30, and they talk about Mount Franklin's charity champaign, it's a risk though to be pledging money when we have no idea how our product will sell =3=
Steph from the K.A.G
Steph from the K.A.G

Back to top Go down

Post by Steph from the K.A.G Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:34 pm

yeah >_< like we say we support a charity, but we donate a fixed amout, they mention something in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwcCECPvlts, skip to 9.30 ^^ my mistake
Steph from the K.A.G
Steph from the K.A.G

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex R Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 am

Akio wrote: I think we should use vinyl or fake leather as the outside material anyway. Real leather is too expensive.

how about we record an album on the viynl, thus you have a wallet that you can play on your record player Razz
Alex R
Alex R

Back to top Go down

Post by Akio Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:20 pm

that would be insane...but it's not that sorta vinyl...

Akio

Back to top Go down

Post by cheongk Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi,

As far as the different types of magic wallets out there, check out
http://www.magicalwallet.com/mw/?sp=gg

Maybe we can look at:
1) How many credit cards / library cards / "plastic cards" can we put in? (How many "plastic cards" do you teenagers carry?)
2) Do we want to have a clear picture ID window? (Good for school bus pass etc.)
3) Coins? (Personally I don't think so as it could make the wallet too bulky.)
4) Mirror? (I like this idea but am not sure if it will make the wallet too bulky unless we can find a super thin mirror.)
5) Magnets? (Good, may be able to use this to keep the wallet close?)

Maybe we can have two wallets - one is the main wallet (larger) which holds a smaller magic wallet that one can remove and carry as a secondary wallet for short trips to the mall, cinema etc? Any thoughts ...

Kind regards,
Cheong

cheongk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down